Located in Southern California, Lorax is a 463 MW solar facility coupled with 186 MW / 744 MWh Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) consisting of:
- Victory Pass (VP I), a 200 MW solar facility and 50 MW/ 200 MWh BESS and;
- Arica, a 263 MW solar facility and 136 MW/ 544 MWh BESS
BESS will be co-located and DC-coupled with the PV sites.
Once the sites are operational, they will produce enough electricity to supply around 150,000 Californian households and will offset the equivalent of 565,000 tons of carbon dioxide during each year of operation.
AIP investors hold a 60% equity stake with Clearway Energy Group owning the remaining 40%.