Zion Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
Zion BESS is two 4-hour battery energy storage systems in California, with a total combined capacity of 160 MW / 640 MWh. The energy storage systems is co-located with the operational solar PV facilities Garland and Tranquillity in Kern and Fresno County. The batteries are charged directly by the PV facilities.
AIP investors hold a 49% equity stake with Southern Power owning the remaining 51%